Welcome Learning Coach, to the world of online learning! You have a significant role in the success of your student. That is why you must understand your role as a learning coach.
What exactly is a learning coach?
A learning coach is a parent, family member, or another adult that is at home with the student while the student is going through their courses. If students are going through courses at a school, a Learning Coach could be a teacher, para pro, or assigned mentor.
The role of the Learning Coach is to:
- Guide the student through the lessons as needed
- Discuss the concepts being taught
- Assist with interactive tools and games
- Oversee assignments
- Help facilitate hands-on learning that may be in the course
- Check for understanding of assignments
- Keep the student on schedule and pace
- Ensure all course components are being done with fidelity (independent reading, novel studies, practice activities, etc.)
- Communicate with the teacher as needed
Understanding the importance of your role as a learning coach is key to the success of your student. As a learning coach, you are committed to helping your student going beyond what is online and bringing those concepts to life.